- ► 2017 (1)
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (47)
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (5)
Tag Archives: Sit
Summer is hot on our heels, and with that it’s time to shout out to all our favourite outdoor chairs. Life is just better when your furniture looks the part (after all what is function without serious form?). So wherever you use your chairs, be it alfresco dining or poolside, the following designs will be coveted by your friends and regarded jealously by your foes.
Complete versatility is the name of the game when it comes to parking your posterior; think strength (fibreglass injected polypropylene or metal rod is ideal), stacking (they’re easy to store when not in use), and UV stabilised.
1. Antonio Gaudi’s famous building La Pedrera in Barcelona, is all curves and flair, so why shouldn’t its namesake follow suit. Light, strong and full of character, Pedrera stacks and comes in seven gorgeous hues.
2. Typically Mariscalesque, Sabinas embodies a form all its own. Inspired by sand dunes and unfurling blooms, this stacking chair envelopes with comfort and style.
3. Spritz is pure Hamptons (or Ibiza). Think white wooden fences and boxwood hedges, the clean lines and stunning colour range have us wanting to book a one-way passage. Stacking goodness which comes in an armchair version too.
4. Wall Street designed by Eugene Quitllet (he’s so hot right now), couldn’t be further from the convention and stuffiness of the world’s most famous financial district. A bold statement, Wall Street has clinched its place as one of the year’s best designs.
5. Ethel is carefully crafted to ensure structural strength, while the angles of the back, the curves of the seat, and the closeness of the wires are designed for comfort and utility. Simplicity and style combine in this contemporary take on modernist roots.
6. Leaf reflects Arper’s design aesthetic; chic, beautifully resolved and so usable. Among other attributes, Arper without fail collate the most elegant colourways for their collections and Leaf is no exception, available in the colours of nature; leaf green, mocha and white.
SIT is a multipurpose chair, light and functional, intended for contract spaces. Designed with clean lines; it is perfect for any contemporary installation with an elegant but neutral appeal.
Made in polyamide with a tubular metal or solid rod frame, and available in a range of finishes, this durable chair is for continued use in public spaces. SIT is available is 8 polypropylene colours or upholstered in selected fabric to allow total freedom in customising design projects of all kinds.
The highly versatile SIT collection offers an outdoor version, stackability up to 25 units, tablets, row and numbering systems and linking potential for auditoriums and large numbers.
In addition to complying with current International Standards covering durability and contract performance, the SIT collection offers outdoor UV resistant models and the option of fire-retardant treatment.
Click here to see more of the chairs.